Do you know?
Pakistan Journal of Nutrition is a broad-based peer-reviewed, open access scientific journal publishes significant research findings in the wide area of nutrition in the forms of original research papers, reviews and short research communications. Started in 2002 as a bimonthly journal presently (since 2009) it is a monthly journal and providing the contents free of cost online. The current issue can be accessed at http://scialert.net/current.php?issn=1680-5194
Test your Knowledge:
1. Who said, "Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food."?
a) M.K. Gandhi
c) Antoine Lavoisier
d) James Lind
2. In 1747, which physician in the British navy performed the first scientific nutrition experiment, discovering that lime juice saved sailors who had been at sea for years from scurvy, a deadly and painful bleeding disorder?
a) James Lind
3. Among research journals which journal was ranked no.1 in ISI's Nutrition & Dietetics category?
a) British Journal of Nutrition
b) Annual Review of Nutrition
c) Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition
d) American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
4. The Yak can use snow in certain cases as a source of water; what is its scientific name?
a) Bos gaurus
b) Bos taurus
c) Bos frontalis
d) Bos grunniens
5. Who in the 1860s, discovered that body fat can be synthesized from carbohydrate and protein, showing that the energy in blood glucose can be stored as fat or as glycogen?
a) Eugen Baumann
b) Claude Bernard
c) Justus Liebig
Answers: 1. (b) 2. (a) 3. (d) 4. (d) 5. (b)