TWELVE INDIAN VETERINARY CONGRESS
XIX ANNUAL CONFERENCE OF IAAVR & NATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON
""Changing Scenario in veterinary Vaccinology & Diagnostics in India with Reference to National Standards"20-21 April 2012 Organized by Faculty of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry, Mhow
Abstracts (200-250 words) are invited from interested scientists, teachers, field veterinarians and students in duplicate with soft copy to Dr. Rishendra Verma 1219/6, E-Block, Rajendranagar, Izatnagar-243 122 Dist: Bareilly (UP)Ph:0581-2302188 (O) Mb:09359117376 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
For further details please contactDr. R. K. BagherwalVice President, IAAVR & Organizing Secretary, 12th IVCProfessor (Medicine)College of Veterinary MedicineRasalpura, Mhow (MP)-45344607324-276622(O), Fax: 276655; Telefax (R) 276150M:09425057170E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Member Rs 1800/-
Non-member Rs 2000/-
Students Rs 1000/-
Retired Vets Rs 500/-
Spouse Rs 500/-
LAST DATE 31st March 2012
Correspondence address: Dr. Rishendra Verma 1219/6, E-Block, Rajendranagar, Izatnagar-243 122 Dist: Bareilly (UP)Ph:0581-2302188 (O) Mb:09359117376 E-mail: email@example.com
Applications are invited from eligible veterinarians for the following awards:
 MAJOR (Mrs) MALIKA TRIVEDI IAAVR AWARD
[Sposnored by Major (Mrs) Malika Trivedi, Bhopal] There is no prescribed proforma for the award. Full bio-data may be submitted. This is a very high esteem award and mostly suits to long experienced, high academic record and senior position veterinarians. The award is decided by the Executive Committee. No age limit.
 SHYMA SINGH &BALAMATI DEVI MEMORIAL AWARD
[Sponsored by Dr. S. N. Singh, Managing Director, Biovet Pvt Ltd, Bangalore] Scope: To meritorious scientist working in India in the field of Veterinary Microbiology & Biotechnology (Specifically vaccine production, development & diagnosis of infectious diseases). Work done from March 2007- March 2008 may be submitted. Age: 50 years as on 31.12.2011 Eligibility: Open to veterinarians with minimum of MVSc or MVScPhD Value of award: Certificate + Cash interest on FDR Rs.10,000- Mode of Application: Prescribed Format
 G.V. NARAYANKHEDKAR MEMORIAL AWARD [Sponsored by Dr. S. G. Narayankhedkar, Director of Research, Maharashtra Animal and Fishery Science University, Nagpur] Scope: For Animal Husbandry-Animal Production and Management [Work done From April 2008 to April 2009 may be submitted] Age: 55 years as on 31.12.2011 Eligibility: Any person possessing BVSc/MVSc/PhD in Animal Hubandry/Research/Teaching/Administration/Field services etc may apply Value of award: Certificate + Cash interest on FDR Rs.10,000- Mode of Application: Prescribed Format  Prof. Ram Raksha Kiran Shukla Award
(Sponsored by Prof. R. R. Shukla, Ex-FAO Consultant) Scope: Animal Health and Production Age : No restriction Eligibility: Any person possessing BVSc/MVSc/PhD Conditions;
(1) The work should be done in India
(2) The team work may be considered
(3) Any Research Work in the preceeding year completed before or on 30 November 2011 may be submitted. Value of Award: Certificate + Cash on FDR of Rs. 20,000/- Mode of application: Prescribed format.
 Dr. Rishendra Verma Young Scientist Award
[Sponsored by Dr. Rishendra Verma] Scope of Award: The award is instituted to build young scientists career and instill and nurture in them appreciation for veterinary science Eligibility; MVSc/PhD in veterinary Science [Academic Year 2009-2010], or scientist/teacher etc Age : 40 years No. of Awards: Two (One in Animal Health + One in Animal Production) Value of Award: Memento, certificate & cash Procedure:
(1) IAAVR solicits nomination/application from interested candidates
(2) Each entry for award will send abstract of one page contents of their presentation
(3) All such applications will be short listed for presentation of their work
(4) The LCD presentation will be made from short listed applicants on the prescribed date, venue and time [Preferably during Annual Conference of IAAVR]
(5) Time for presentation will be 12 mts.
(6) A subsidized registration (10%) will be provided in particular to PG students who have completed their MVSc/PhD recently and have not presented their work elsewhere to students short listed for award Judgement: Through Score card (Objective) through a Judgement Committee.
 DISTINGUISHED VETERINARIAN AWARD
[Sponsored by M/s Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Ahemdabad] Qualification: BVSc & AH and above Eligibility: Any Veterinarian with outstanding performance and contribution in (a) veterinary Practice (b) Administration (c) Teaching (d) Research Age: 45 years and above the award is intended for a senior and distinguished veterinarian having done substantial veterinary professional work. Value of Award: Interest on FDR of Rs. 10,000/- Mode of Application: Prescribed Format
 DR. P. MADHUSUDAN GOLD MEDAL AWARD
[Sponsored by Dr. P. Madhusudan, Ex-Principal Scientist, IVRI] Scope: Any good research work of MVSc/PhD in Veterinary Microbiology Age: Maximum 55 years as on 31.12.208 Eligibility: Any person possessing BVSc/or MVSc/PhD may apply Value of award: Cash interest on FDR Rs.10,000-+ Certificate Mode of Application: Prescribed Format
 IAAVR FIELD VETERINARIAN AWARD
[Sponsored by IAAVR] Scope: Open to male veterinarian engaged in research, teaching, administration, field, wild life or state diagnostic laboratory, intended for male veterinarians Age: 30 years as on 30.11.2011 and above Eligibility: Any person possessing BVSc/or above degree may apply + 5 years minimum experience Value of award: Cash interest on FDR Rs.10,000-+ Certificate Mode of Application: Prescribed Format
 VIMAL SHRINIVAS KSHIRSAGAR MEMORIAL AWARD [Sponsored by Dr. B. A. Talvelkar, Ex-Prof. Deptt. Of Physiology, Bombay Veterinary College, Bombay] Scope: Open to Lady Veterinarian engaged in research, teaching, administration, field, wild life or state diagnostic laboratory Age: 30 years on 30.11.2011 and above Eligibility: Any person possessing BVSc/or higher degree may apply + 5 years minimum experience Value of award: Cash interest on FDR Rs.15,000-+ Certificate Mode of Application: Prescribed Format
 GOAN GYAN PARITOSHIK AWARD
[Sposnored by Dr. K. R. Shingal, Deputy Commissioner, AH, Pune] Scope: Excellent veterinary professional performance at National level in field, clinics, virology, immunology, surgery, medicine, microbiology & Biotech or any other veterinary science subject Age: 30 years as on 30.11.2011 and above Eligibility: Any person possessing BVSc/or MVSc/PhD may apply Value of award: Cash interest on FDR Rs.10,000-+ Certificate
 DR. R. M. SUJOTIA MEMORIAL AWARD
Scope : VETERINARY MEDICINE/PHARMACOLOGY Age: 30 years as on 30.11.2011 and above Eligibility: BVSc &AH and above qualification in Veterinary Science for doing original research in Veterinary Medicine or Pharmacology leading to (a) Drugs Development (b) Discovery o study of drug suitable for treatment of some disease (c) Discovery of drug molecule/Drug delivery (d) Discovery for mechanism of action of drug or drug resistance (e) Any research which warrants its consideration for the award. Value of award: Cash + Certificate Mode of Application: Prescribed Format
 EXCELLENCE IAAVR AWARD IN CANINE MEDICINE
[Sponsored by Mr Vikram Kapoor, S.N. Kapoor Export, Khawas ji ka Bagh, Amer Road, Jaipur, Rajasthan.] Scope: Veterinarian practicing canine medicine Age : 35 years on 30.11.2011 and above Eligibility: Minimum BVSc &AH, Minimum of 5 years experience in canine medicine Mode of application: On prescribed format
 FELLOWSHIP OF IAAVR
IAAVR invites application once in a year. Applicant is required to complete his application in the prescribed oproforma. All applications are screened and opinion from already bestowed Fellows is ought by circulating a brief account of each applicant. Assessment is made through mark system and an overall assessment about the applicant by the Executive Committee (EC). The age, caste, creed, religion, geographic region, designation, post, scale etc have no bearing effect on the selection of a Fellow to IAAVR. Age and achievements ratio is given careful consideration. The EC however deserve full right to make a final decision. Number: The number of Fellows to be recognized each year may vary from 1-3. Eligibility: Age: 35 years on 30.11.2011 and above minimum Professor/Principal Scientist and above posts, outstanding contributions in veterinary research, education and science, sufficient evidence in support of candidature in the form of published work, awards, other recognitions, standing in the profession etc Subscription: If a veterinarian is selected for the award of Fellow IAAVR, he will have to pay Rs. 3500/ which will include his life membership fee (Presently @ Rs.1500/), if selected veterinarian is already life member, his life membership subscription will be deducted from total subscription. The payment should be made in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Treasurer, IAAVR, payable at SBI, CARI, Izatnagar. The subscription may be revised by EC as and when required. Mode of application: As per the proforma format
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF AWARD
1. The award will be considered only when there is sufficient number of applicants for a particular award. Single application for an award will not allow competition and the purpose of award will be defeated.
2. The Association does not bear responsibility of storing bio-data and enclosures of an applicant submitted for award. Only bio-data and application of awardees will be stored for a period of one year only.
3. The Association will not return application for award submitted by an individual. The applicant should keep a copy of application as his/her own personal record.
4. A veterinarian should apply for one award at a time but not for multiple awards. An applicant should satisfy himself for his/her suitability for the best fitted award. 5. There is no cooling period for a veterinarian having received any award of IAAVR in a particular year; however, application for award each year by the same applicant will be discouraged.
6. Those veterinarians who are life members and have been attending IAAVR Conferences will get extra marks in the evaluation except for Dr. Rishendra Verma Young Scientist Award which is based on Oral Presentation by applicants. 7. The Association communicates in writing result of award to selected applicant only. The selected applicant will be required to present himself during Inaugural Session of Conference to receive the award, failing which there is no provision of granting award in absentia except under extremely adverse circumstances like natural calamity.
8. The veterinarian receiving award is not exempted from registration fee of Conference. Those awarded Fellowship informed in Advance may be required to present a paper of his/her specialization.
For details, contact: Pl. write to Dr. Rishendra Verma, Founder Secretary, 1219/6 E-Block, Rajendranagar, Izatnagar-243 122 (UP) or visit website: www.iaavr.org (Application forms available on website) [Tel: 0581-2302188 (O), Mb:09359117376